As it’s August, I thought it would be a good idea to write about some products you could buy this summer time. As always everything I mention will be cruelty-free and vegan. Now let’s begin! The vegan summer essentials I have chosen are…
- Barry M Lip Oils – These come in two different shades: Berry Good, which is a translucent berry colour (obviously!), and Coco Loco, which is clear. They claim to moisturise your lips while giving a glossy effect, perfect to put in your beach bag! (And if you wanted sun protection, try Balmi Lip Balms, with SPF 15.)
- Superdrug Solait Suncream – It’s so important to wear suncream, even when it looks cloudy the harmful UV rays can still reach you. If the fact that the sun can age you prematurely doesn’t make you want to wear suncream, then the increased risk of skin cancer because of sun damage will. Superdrug have their own range of sun protection, called Solait which is cruelty-free and vegan. There are different application options eg spray or cream, and overall, this range is very useful.
- Beauty Without Cruelty Waterproof Mascara – Imagine this – you’re about to go out to the beach, but “wait”, you think, “I’m wearing mascara”. But of course that won’t matter because it’s not like you’re going to get your face in the sea – wrong! You catch your reflection somewhere and – disaster! – there’s mascara all over your face! But wait, that didn’t happen, because you were prepared and wore waterproof mascara! Beauty Without Cruelty is a completely vegan brand and holds two waterproof mascaras, one black, and one cocoa, for all your holiday needs.
- Lush Sea Spray – Don’t you love the effect that the sea has on your hair? The way it makes it go lovely and wavy? But let’s say that you’re not going on holiday, or maybe you are but it’s not by the sea. What about your hair? Well, fear not, as Lush has you covered! Lush’s Sea Spray is practically the sea in a bottle. You spray it in your hair (wet or dry) for the ultimate beach hair look. Or spray into your roots for more volume. The options are endless!
- Barry M Nail Polishes – I know this is the second mention of Barry M in one post, but their nail polishes are in so many different summery colours, they clearly label on their website what’s vegan, and the nail polish price range is about £3 to £5 – what’s not to love?!
So there you have it – my vegan summer essentials! Make sure you comment and tell me what you think I’ve missed! ❤